[linux-elitists] LinuxWorld New York 2003 Registration is Open! (fwd)

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Oct 24 12:28:53 PDT 2002

begin Seth David Schoen quotation of Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 11:58:54AM -0700:

> Speaking of analog copy controls, some industries have recently (on
> Tuesday) announced the formation of a working group to address the
> "analog hole".  It will probably meet in December in L.A.

I thought they had one of those:
http://www.sdmi.org/

What is the new group doing that SDMI didn't?

Did anyone ever test the conjecture -- I think Jack Moffitt made it
-- that encoding audio with a MP3-proof watermark using Ogg Vorbis
is likely to remove the watermark?

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti