[linux-elitists] Use Powell's to code with

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Oct 23 09:46:57 PDT 2002

begin Nick Moffitt quotation of Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 10:19:40PM -0700:

> I believe the last digit refers to whether the book is new or used or
> something.  It may be a lot specifier.  Whatever the case, it doesn't
> seem to be necessary, so the following URL works just fine:
>
>     http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=1-0679600477
>
> This is useful for replacing amazon with Powell's in book-related web
> apps.

If you have a lot of book links, or a high-traffic site, it might
be worth the time to join the Powell's partner program.:

   http://www.powells.com/partners/partners.html

And give your commission check straight to EFF.  I checked with
EFF people a while ago, and they're happy to accept these checks.
When you join the partner program at the Powell's site, fill in:

   Please write my check to: Electronic Frontier Foundation
   Tax ID number: 04-3091431

   For "Please mail my check to:" fill in:

   Kevin McLaughlin or Andrea Chiang
   EFF
   454 Shotwell Street
   San Francisco, CA 94110 USA

Once you do this, you will be assigned a partner id and your book
links will look something like:

http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/partner?partner_id=${PARTNER_ID}&cgi=product&isbn=${ISBN}

Check this at: http://www.powells.com/partners/isbnlinks.html

--