[linux-elitists] Use Powell's to code with

Ron Guerin ron@vnetworx.net
Wed Oct 23 09:42:53 PDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 12:04, Mark Johnson wrote:
> The one feature I wish Powell's had was user reviews.  I often use
> Amazon for researching books then proceed over to Powell's for the
> purchase.

If I was Amazon, I'd say that's just about the worst of all possible
worlds.  You're using their resources, but they have no chance of a
sale.  Given how many people tell me similar tales, I wonder how much
that patent might be costing Amazon.

I know Apple licensed the patent. (Given their love of all things
proprietary and sealed cases, that's not much of a surprise.)  Anyone
happen to know how much Amazon got for it?

- Ron

--
"It's great technology," -- Mitch Mandich, Apple Sr VP worldwide sales