[linux-elitists] Fwd: Bitkeeper outragem, old and new

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Sun Oct 20 19:39:12 PDT 2002

Quoting Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com):

> Having seen (far too much of...) Tom's lamenting and efforts to pimp
> arch on other lists, I have to suspect that the business acumen was
> likely lacking in this case.  This regardless of arch's benefits.  Pity,
> as the BK fiasco IMO renders Larry's community goodwill nil.

Indeed, Rob Landley's LKML comment that the revised bkl (as applied)
made it a "don't piss off Larry licence" seems to have struck a nerve.

--
Cheers,               "That article and its poster have been cancelled."
Rick Moen                   -- David B. O'Donnel, sysadmin for America Online