[linux-elitists] Fwd: Bitkeeper outragem, old and new

Joey Hess joey@kitenet.net
Wed Oct 16 22:10:17 PDT 2002

Jack Moffitt wrote:
> So did Tom call it a day?  I don't really understand what happened to
> arch.  The new site says:
>
> "This site houses as much of the original arch site as we could piece
> together.
>
> The latest official release made by Tom Lord was arch-1.0pre16."
>
> Does this mean Tom Lord is no longer involved?  I'm curious as to what
> happened.  I know that for a while Tom was trying some
> donation/sponsorship program to help pay for development.

Check out google's cache of the old arch site. In summary, Tom
wanted/needed to make big $$$ with arch, and it didn't happen.

The new prerelease has some decent new features such as sftp support
and the new arch folk understand why naming directories {foo} is messy
so there's still some hope there.

BTW another interesting and undermentioned free SCM is OpenCM
<http://www.opencm.org>.

--
see shy jo