[linux-elitists] Fwd: Bitkeeper outragem, old and new

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Wed Oct 16 12:37:03 PDT 2002

begin  Rick Moen Lives Three Hours from Nowhere  quotation:
> It's a shame that McVoy doesn't post his current-version licences
> (neither his "bkl" nor his "bkcl") in public.  I recall that one of
> the past flamewars directly resulted from perceived furtiveness on
> that point.  In fact, to my knowledge, the only way to examine that
> licence is to download a binary installer, run it, and then either
> follow the directions to view the licensing using bk itself ("bk
> bkl" or "bk pkcl") or dig the text out of bkhelp.txt.  I've done the
> latter and posted the current texts here:
>
> http://linuxmafia.com/pub/linux/apps/bitkeeper-3.0-x86-glibc2.2-linux-bkcl-licence
> http://linuxmafia.com/pub/linux/apps/bitkeeper-3.0-x86-glibc2.2-linux-bkl-licence

	Jack Moffitt did this once, and received flamacious legal
threats from McVoy.  It was in the context of his critique of said
license, even.

	http://www.taniwha.org/bitkeeper.html seems to be the only
remaining mirror I can find of Jack's original document.

--
A: No.