[linux-elitists] Fwd: Bitkeeper outragem, old and new

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Sun Oct 13 18:08:53 PDT 2002

<quote who="David L. Sifry">

> BTW, I have doubts about the authenticity of that message - RMS would
> never send out a message, let alone a missive like this one, while
> referring to the operating system as "Linux".  He'd call it "GNU/Linux".

Bollocks. He's talking about "Linux", not what should be called "GNU/Linux".
The difference is between the kernel and the operating environment, and to
my knowledge, he has never asked for the *kernel* to be called "GNU/Linux".

I, um, just wanted to say "bollocks", really.

- Jeff

--
   "I think we agnostics need a term for a holy war too. I feel all left
                            out." - George Lebl