[linux-elitists] Fwd: Bitkeeper outragem, old and new

David L. Sifry david@sifry.com
Sun Oct 13 18:02:28 PDT 2002

BTW, I have doubts about the authenticity of that message - RMS would
never send out a message, let alone a missive like this one, while
referring to the operating system as "Linux".  He'd call it
"GNU/Linux".

Which doesn't take away from the rhetorical power of the argument or the
arguer, just serves to muddy the waters...

Dave

On Sun, 2002-10-13 at 15:54, Sean Neakums wrote:
> I can't see Linux developers abandoning BK any time soon.  I believe
> the licensing would have to directly affect kernel development in some
> fashion before that would happen.  Ideological arguments tend not to
> cut much ice with many of those folks.

David L. Sifry
GPG Key: http://www.sifry.com/david/key.html
Key Fingerprint: 7E60 4EDE EB5F AA2D 2F25  8CD3 FE17 C4F8 BDE8 D1B0