browser/$EDITOR integration (was Re: TWikIWeThey (was Re: [linux-elitists] DJB ruckus du jour))

Gerald Oskoboiny gerald@impressive.net
Fri Nov 22 13:19:58 PST 2002

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 10:28:06AM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:

> If you're saying that w3m can be made to use $EDITOR of one's choice for
> Web page fill-in fields, I'll definitely have to attempt that.
>
> Meanwhile, I prefer to edit HTML locally using vim directly, with my own
> SCM regime, etc.

I have a bookmarklet that causes Galeon to spawn an rxvt with
$EDITOR on the appropriate file, then does a CVS commit
afterwards to publish it to my site.

It's really handy... it takes me less than 5 seconds to make a
simple change to one of my web pages.

details:
http://impressive.net/people/gerald/2000/12/edit-bookmarklet.html

It also works in mozilla, opera, netscape4, etc.