TWikIWeThey (was Re: [linux-elitists] DJB ruckus du jour)

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Nov 21 00:59:18 PST 2002

Quoting Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com):

> w3m uses the specified editor for any textarea.  Input fields are
> managed by providing an edit buffer at the bottom of the browser
> window.
>
> Examples:
>
>   - http://www.google.com/:  hitting 'enter' on the search field moves
>     the cursor to the bottom of the screen, where one inputs the search
>     keyword(s).  You can optionally specify emacs-style line editing
>     (readline).

I appreciate the pointers, even though I'm very rushed at the moment and
don't have time to play with this.  Yes, readline support duly noted,
although this seems of limited usefulness.

>   - http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Test/:  selecting the 'edit'
>     link (after you're registered) gives the page's text in an edit box.
>     Entering this, your chosen editor opens.

Trying this on Meatball Wiki does open some sort of (apparent) w3m
editing facility, but it certainly doesn't honour $EDITOR in any way.
Not within a country mile.

I'll have to revisit this matter when I have time.  Thanks again.

>> Meanwhile, I prefer to edit HTML locally using vim directly, with my own
>> SCM regime, etc.
>
> ...and if you want to share?

sgid on the directory.  ;->

--
Cheers,           find / -user your -name base -print | xargs chown us:us
Rick Moen