[linux-elitists] Re: Bind 8 bug experience (fwd)

Peter Whysall peter.whysall@ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 20 09:21:45 PST 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 21:45, Jeremy McLeod wrote:
> On Sun Nov 17, 2002 at 07:50:33PM +0000, Peter Whysall wrote:
> > As noted before, djbdns is just dandy (obvious strangitude
> > notwithstanding), right up to the point where the boss says, "Now make
> > it serve DNS for our Windows 2000 network."
>
> What difference does that make?  DNS is DNS.  I'm using dnscache to
> serve a workstation pool of about 20 Windows 2000 machines, and tinydns
> to serve authoritative data for our domains, and Windows machines don't
> have any trouble resolving anything.

djbdns doesn't support IXFR, without which you can't interoperate with
Windows 2000 DNS servers. I believe that DNSSEC is also an issue.

Regards

Peter.

--
Peter Whysall <peter.whysall@ntlworld.com>