TWikIWeThey (was Re: [linux-elitists] DJB ruckus du jour)

David L. Sifry david@sifry.com
Tue Nov 19 23:26:23 PST 2002

Rick is right.  One reason to participate and build non-browser-based
interfaces to web services.  My pet peeve was blog software a while
back, so I built an email-to-blog and jabber-to-blog set of services in
perl, which work with any Blogger API-based blog.  I don't use Wiki's
much, but I suspect that someone could adapt one of these scripts or
write up a slick non-browser-based wiki browser/editor.  Are there any
standardized APIs for programmatic editing/browsing of Wikis?

The browser is a lousy web services client:
<http://www.sifry.com/snippets/archives/2002_08_19.html#000119>

Jabber-to-BloggerAPI script:
<http://www.sifry.com/snippets/archives/2002_08_21.html>

Email-to-BloggerAPI script (not as cleaned up, needs entry in
/etc/aliases, etc)
<<http://www.sifry.com/blogit.pl>

Dave

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 23:16, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com):
>
> > I suggest using w3m. HTH. HAND.
>
> I do that.
>
> It's still a Web browser's fill-in field, and it still sucks.
>
> --
> Cheers,                                      "Reality is not optional."
> Rick Moen                                             -- Thomas Sowell
> rick@linuxmafia.com
David L. Sifry
GPG Key: http://www.sifry.com/david/key.html
Key Fingerprint: 7E60 4EDE EB5F AA2D 2F25  8CD3 FE17 C4F8 BDE8 D1B0