TWikIWeThey (was Re: [linux-elitists] DJB ruckus du jour)

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Nov 19 23:02:16 PST 2002

Quoting Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com):

> The aim is to fill in a missing link between Usenet and mailing lists
> (timely, but too much replication, uneven data quality) and HOWTOs
> (authoritative, but slow to update).

With a newsgroup, I get to work in the non-sucky editor of my choice.
With a mailing list, I get to work in the non-sucky editor of my choice.
With a Wiki, I get to work in... a Web browser's fill-in field?

This is not progress.

--
Cheers,                   "Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm
Rick Moen                 for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he will be warm