[linux-elitists] Re: More sites targeted -- another view (fwd)

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Mon Nov 18 01:46:56 PST 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 22:20:29 -0500
From: fstoss@BUFFALO.EDU
To: CHMINF-L@LISTSERV.INDIANA.EDU
Subject: Re: More sites targeted -- another view

Closing PubScience takes away a vital information resource for
independent consulting firms, individuals not working in academic or
corporate settings, and the entire small business community. I would
wager some tidy sum that the vast majority of PubScience users can,
under no circumstances, afford the prices of the publishers who are now
claiming a victory. This is a tragic and sad case of the Big coporate
interests bullying their ways to impact the free flow of information.

I hope the American Library Association has the courage of conviction
to challenge this.

Fred Stoss