[linux-elitists] Re: More sites targeted -- another view (fwd)

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Sat Nov 16 02:36:05 PST 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 01:38:34 -0500
From: Michael Engel <mkengel@WEB.DE>
To: CHMINF-L@LISTSERV.INDIANA.EDU
Subject: Re: More sites targeted -- another view

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Buntrock" <buntrock2@EARTHLINK.NET>
To: <CHMINF-L@LISTSERV.INDIANA.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2002 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: [CHMINF-L] More sites targeted -- another view

> but as a US taxpayer, I wonder about subsidizing usage
> by non-US taxpayers.

-------------------
I prefer the spirit of OpenSource and OpenCourseWare at MIT
(http://ocw.mit.edu/index.html).

We should do the opposite - we should lobby our governments that it makes
information available FOR FREE and that it invites guests from other
country to use it.

Michael Engel

CHMINF-L Archives (also to join or leave CHMINF-L, etc.)
http://listserv.indiana.edu/archives/chminf-l.html
Search the CHMINF-L archives at:
http://listserv.indiana.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=chminf-l
Sponsors of CHMINF-L: