[linux-elitists] DJB ruckus du jour

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Nov 14 11:59:21 PST 2002

Quoting Jeremy McLeod (jeremym@loonix.org):

> That's assuming you have more than one machine, or you have an
> arrangement with another person/organization to provide backup MX
> services for your domain(s).  Not everyone has that luxury.

Well, I don't know about you, but I do both backup DNS and backup MX for
other people, and they do it for me.  Isn't this common practice?
Preferably with hosts distant (netwise and geographically) from you?

It _used_ to be understood that it's something you always want to
arrange, being beneficial for both parties.  All that's changed, that
_I've_ noticed, is that it's now wise to verify, roughly every quarter,
that the other side is living up to his end of the bargain.

--
Cheers,                                Before enlightenment, caffeine.
Rick Moen                              After enlightenment, caffeine.