[linux-elitists] DJB ruckus du jour

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Thu Nov 14 11:13:40 PST 2002

begin  Rick Moen Lives Three Hours from Nowhere  quotation:
> I'm not really much of a Wiki person, thus far.  So, even though
> ideally I'd jump right in and add some, it's just not my cuppa, at
> this time.  But, in case you'd like to add them, here are a few
> logically required to fill out the list:

	This is the problem with the wiki classification.  It makes
people think it's this obscure content management system with strange
rules and behaviors.

	Just hit Edit This Page and write your stuff in the little
box.  Bonus: if you're using lynx, you can then pop into vi.

	Yeah, the markup may be *different* than HTML, but there's so
little of it, and it's so obvious that you can just pick it up by
reading a couple paragraphs worth.

	The biggest disservice the wiki folks did was to turn
themselves into a clique and wax rhapsodic about "the wiki way".  It's
just a goddamn website with an edit page script.

--
A: No.