[linux-elitists] distributing software securely (was: DJB ruckus du jour)

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Thu Nov 14 08:39:12 PST 2002

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 05:02:25PM +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, john spurling wrote:
>
> > ./configure --enable-static && make
>
> Is --enable-static an option automatically added by autoconf? I.e. do most
> ./configure scripts allow that?

Many ./configure scripts do allow it, but it's not something built in
to autoconf.  Making builds static is project-specific enough that it
needs to be done separately for each project.

David