[linux-elitists] DJB ruckus du jour

Peter Whysall peter.whysall@ntlworld.com
Thu Nov 14 08:36:50 PST 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 09:32, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Dire Red (deirdre@deirdre.net):
>
> > As I have said before, I use Eudora for MacOS X. While not Linux, it's
> > core is open source and BSD and therefore at least as good. ;)
>
> Reminds me:  There's a GNOME-ish MUA for X11 named Balsa, which is a
> dead ringer for what I remember Eudora being like -- except for being
> GPLed and built for GTK/x11.  People nostalgic for the legacy Eudora
> thing might want to try it.
>
> Project Web pages, obligatory screen shots, etc. are here:
> http://balsa.gnome.org/
>
> ObApiarist:  Now, _here's_ a man who really, really needed a hobby:

Linux Graphical MUA Bestiary:

http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/MailUserAgents

Note that Evolution 1.2 is verra, verra nice. If you have anything to
add to that page, please do so.

I liked Balsa, especially the GTK2-based 2.0 branch. If you're a mailing
list junkie, it has extremely advanced threading options.

P.
--
Peter Whysall
peter.whysall@ntlworld.moc