[linux-elitists] DJB ruckus du jour

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Thu Nov 14 03:24:30 PST 2002

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Wayne Earl wrote:

> And how exactly is proving to the world just how much of a racist ass
> you are going to improve your chance for employment?

Why racist? Java monkeys are Java monkeys, regardless of where they come
from. It's a descriptive term of what they do: lower-echelon Java code
grunts.

That Indian Java monkeys are (much) cheaper on the average than Merkin
Java monkeys is pretty well documented, I thought.

We just have to get used to the fact that software industry is no longer a
high margin industry. It happened to hardware a bit earlier, now it's
happening to software. Both open source and influx of low-cost sofware
engineer force drive that development.

It's good, because it eliminates the maverick aspect, and encourages good
business practises. And gets rid of opportunists, and gets bright
young'n's back to science, where they belong.