[linux-elitists] DJB ruckus du jour

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Thu Nov 14 01:13:30 PST 2002

begin  Deirdre Schmeirdre  quotation:
> As I have said before, I use Eudora for MacOS X. While not Linux,
> it's core is open source and BSD and therefore at least as good. ;)

	An older version of its core is released in a somewhat-useful
state under an open source license, yes.

	And the BSD from which OSX is made is well over a decade old
now.  The joke about their FreeBSD marketing is that they're just
tacking bags on the side of NextStep while looking at a FreeBSD box
for an example of how the real OSes do it.  They are NOT building it
off of FreeBSD.

--
A: No.