[linux-elitists] DJB ruckus du jour

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 13 21:54:49 PST 2002

Quoting Modus Operandi (modus@as220.org):

> ...I'm surprised that Pine's licensing is considered to be
> non-proprietary enough for the Linux-elitists list [...].

  No postings from proprietary non-Linux mailers. If we can identify
  your mail client as proprietary software that does not run on the
  GNU/Linux OS, we will allow you to subscribe but refuse postings from
  you. If you use a proprietary mailer, get a free one or consider this
  a read-only list.

> But wait, wait -- what MUA do you prefer, Dierdre?

Suggestion:  If you absolutely cannot spell "Deirdre", then try
cut-and-paste.

> Keep in mind here that if Rick Moen isn't satisfied with DJB's
> license (not free enough, though he does share the source code)
> then he probably wouldn't approve of Pine's license either.

Yr. welcome to read the friendly FAQ, if you wish:
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/#pine

--
Cheers,      "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first
Rick Moen     woman she meets, and then teams up with three complete strangers