[linux-elitists] DJB ruckus du jour

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 13 18:38:47 PST 2002

Quoting Wayne Earl (wayne@qconcepts.net):

> Heh. Reminds me of another discussion forum I participate in. In
> regards to a question on what 3-tier development was, an anonymous
> user replied:
>
> "When a  project is specified as being 3-tier, this is usually analogous
> to the project being vastly over-engineered, incredibly
> under-resourced, and constrained in its timeline.
>
> See also: J2EE, EJB."

Gosh, I wonder why this reminds me of a certain large-scale hosting
outfit using open-source software that's in the middle of throwing out
its entire codebase and painfully building a J2EE/EJB-based replacement
pretty much solely to have a "business layer" in a "3-tier architecture'.

--
Cheers,               "That article and its poster have been cancelled."
Rick Moen                   -- David B. O'Donnel, sysadmin for America Online