[linux-elitists] DJB ruckus du jour

Wayne Earl wayne@qconcepts.net
Wed Nov 13 17:29:21 PST 2002

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 05:03:36PM -0800 or therabouts, Deirdre Saoirse wrote:
> > As long as COBOL doesn't come back in style, everything will be ok.
>
> They're calling it Java these days.

Heh. Reminds me of another discussion forum I participate in. In
regards to a question on what 3-tier development was, an anonymous
user replied:

"When a  project is specified as being 3-tier, this is usually analogous
to the project being vastly over-engineered, incredibly
under-resourced, and constrained in its timeline.

See also: J2EE, EJB."

Dunno what I think about that one yet, but it's definately amusing.

--
Wayne Earl <wayne@qconcepts.net>
gpg public key: http://www.qconcepts.net/key.txt