[linux-elitists] DJB ruckus du jour

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Wed Nov 13 10:54:01 PST 2002

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 12:50:14AM -0800, Rick Moen said:
> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/11/12/1823213
>
> In which a flying squadron of DJB cultists run in to soften up the
> terrain, at which point Prof. Bernstein enters proclaiming "Rick Moen
> is an idiot."  RealVideo stream (which is of course based on free

I like the way it starts with:

"Even the advisory says it's only a matter of time before worms are
written...."

No mention of proceeding with "...so you really ought to take our aging
advice on not using these outdated versions of the software anymore, and
instead using the modern version".

Clearly, Rick Moen is an idiot.  But your washerless faucets are the
bizzomb, man.

--
Shawn McMahon            | Now is the time we should be celebrating
AIM work: spmcmahonfedex | the Constitution and the rule of law,