[linux-elitists] to bounce, or not to bounce

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Fri Nov 1 11:45:19 PST 2002

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 01:22:16PM -0600, D. Joe Anderson said:

>    Beyond the money, Carter said she wants to change the way ISPs
>    handle suspended and canceled e-mail accounts. At stake, she
>    asserts, is an industrywide practice that amounts to extortion, in
>    which ISPs may hold private communications hostage until bills are
>    settled up.

This discussion should have happened (and been resolved) years ago; the
ECPA has been around since 1986.

--
Shawn McMahon            | Now is the time we should be celebrating
AIM work: spmcmahonfedex | the Constitution and the rule of law,