[linux-elitists] SpamAssassin at SMTP time with exim

Michael D. Hirsch mdhirsch@mail.com
Mon May 20 12:12:57 PDT 2002

Dan Wilder writes:
on Sun, May 19, 2002, Jeremy Zawodny (Jeremy@Zawodny.com) wrote:
> On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 06:33:25PM -0400, Andrew L33tsmith wrote:
> > > Spamassassin includes razor support.
> > > You should be using both, much more effective
> >
> > I have found that the network tests (vipul's razor and the like)
> > have very little effect on spamassassin's accuracy.  Coupled with
> > the speed penalty and bandwidth use, it just wasn't worth it for me.
>
> Other than *maybe* open relay checks, I'd have to agree.

I've found that with open relay check I get almost no spam.  I've had
4 spams get through this month (and vipul's razor caught them).

I don't know how much mail I reject.  Is there a way with postfix to
tell which mails bet caught by the RBL?

--Michael