[linux-elitists] SpamAssassin at SMTP time with exim

Dan Wilder dan@ssc.com
Mon May 20 08:10:42 PDT 2002

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 12:20:13AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Sun, May 19, 2002, Jeremy Zawodny (Jeremy@Zawodny.com) wrote:
> > >
> > > I have found that the network tests (vipul's razor and the like)
> > > have very little effect on spamassassin's accuracy.  Coupled with
> > > the speed penalty and bandwidth use, it just wasn't worth it for me.
> >
> > Other than *maybe* open relay checks, I'd have to agree.
>
> I'd be inclined to explicitly add the rfc-ignorant blacklists as a
> strong incentive for sites to get compliant, regardless of accuracy.

My guess is you'd exclude some major ISPs.  Depending on whether
you depend on email to do business, or whether email is entirely
personal, you could wind up cutting off your nose to spite your face.
So to speak.  "We won't take your money and we'll be rude to you
to boot, 'cause somebody anonymous thinks you're not RFC-compliant.
Nyah nyah pfffzzt to you!"