[linux-elitists] SpamAssassin at SMTP time with exim

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Mon May 20 00:20:13 PDT 2002

on Sun, May 19, 2002, Jeremy Zawodny (Jeremy@Zawodny.com) wrote:
> On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 06:33:25PM -0400, Andrew L33tsmith wrote:
> > > Spamassassin includes razor support.
> > > You should be using both, much more effective
> >
> > I have found that the network tests (vipul's razor and the like)
> > have very little effect on spamassassin's accuracy.  Coupled with
> > the speed penalty and bandwidth use, it just wasn't worth it for me.
>
> Other than *maybe* open relay checks, I'd have to agree.

I'd be inclined to explicitly add the rfc-ignorant blacklists as a
strong incentive for sites to get compliant, regardless of accuracy.

Peace.

   Comic tragedy:  MobiliX sued by comix publisher over iX trademark
     http://mobilix.org/mobilix_asterix.html