[linux-elitists] SpamAssassin at SMTP time with exim

Marc MERLIN marc@merlins.org
Tue May 7 14:24:08 PDT 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 04:12:59PM -0500, Rick Bradley wrote:
> * Marc MERLIN (marc@merlins.org) [020507 16:08]:
> > > Wonder if it bounces this followup.
> >
> > I never received my message due to the code being run on my server :-)
>
> So how long before lists start dropping you due to bounces?

That's a very good question.

1) mailman doesn't remove you on the first bounce
2) I watch my logs and fix the filters accordingly
3) This is only a problem for spam talk on mailing lists. I can pretty
   easily tell which lists would be affected (or tell from my logs after the
   fact), and add what's necessary in the spamassassin whitelist

Marc