[linux-elitists] [Fwd: [nyphp-talk] in the name of g-d... WHY??]

Ron Guerin ron@vnetworx.net
Thu May 2 16:18:54 PDT 2002

Hmmm.  Will this be like OSDN jobs?  Run on Windows, disappear shortly
after?  They found the way out I guess.

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: George Herson <gherson@snet.net>
To: NYPHP Talk <talk@nyphp.org>
Subject: [nyphp-talk] in the name of g-d... WHY??
Date: 02 May 2002 13:35:12 -0400

<paralist>
  This message has been cleansed and archived.
  http://nyphp.org/list/viewmesg.html?mid=102
</paralist>

Since switching from PHP to ASP a week or two ago (judging from the web page
names' extensions), Linuxcertification.com, the Sair Linux site, has alot of
difficulty staying up or, as
http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=linuxcertification.com puts it, "No
uptime is currently available for linuxcertification.com."

Now, i know there are alot of reasons for a website to become unavailable, but
why would a linux site convert to IIS/ASP?  I don't think they were bought by
Microsoft :0  Maybe they need advanced MS functions?... I'd bounce this qn off
them but their email address for qns is itself bouncing.
("<questions@sairinc.com>: Sorry, I couldn't find any host named sairinc.com.

Prior to this, the site and org seemed high quality (which is why i spent $99 to
take linux test 1 Sunday).

george