[linux-elitists] Should software apologize?

Mr.Bad mr.bad@pigdog.org
Thu May 2 09:59:26 PDT 2002

    DM> Sorry?  What is apt-get doing apologizing?

    DM> $ ls /usr/bin | xargs strings | grep Sorry | wc -l 223

    DM> 223 apologies?  A few of them are for exceeding compiled-in
    DM> limits or some such, which is something to apologize for, but
    DM> why should software apologize to you for _your_ mistake?

I think it's more of a Rick Moen apology: "I'm sorry to hear about
YOUR problem."

~Mr. Bad

--
Mr. Bad <mr.bad@pigdog.org> | Pigdog Journal | http://pigdog.org/

"Well, I fooled you! I fooled you! I got pig iron! I got pig iron!
I got aaaaallll pig iron!"