[linux-elitists] Should software apologize?

Joey Hess joey@kitenet.net
Thu May 2 09:19:19 PDT 2002

Karsten M. Self wrote:
> Seriously, this is probably transliterated from "Mach viel spaß!", which
> makes more sense in German.  Literally:  make much fun!  Idiomatic
> English would be more on the lines of "Have fun!" or just "Enjoy!"

That's interesting. Debian has a vestigial "Have fun!" message too; see
if you can spot it (hint: the same program also apologizes). I have
considered removing it but it's been left in so far out of tradition.

--
see shy jo