[linux-elitists] Should software apologize?

Marc MERLIN marc@merlins.org
Thu May 2 00:12:40 PDT 2002

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 06:24:08PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net):
>
> > How about them qmail "Hope your life works out" messages when
> > a mail fails to deliver?
>
> How about that doomed admonition to "Have a lot of fun!", when you log
> into SuSE?

I have  to admit that this  message has always annoyed  me. There's probably
something lost in the translation, or a culture difference or something...

Either that, or I'm still holding a grudge for the war ;-)

But dpkg  telling me sorry doesn't  bother me. It damned well  apologize for
not fetching the new  package from cvs and building it just  for me if there
isn't a new one in the deb archive yet :-)

Marc