[linux-elitists] MTA roundup

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed May 1 00:02:53 PDT 2002

Quoting Andrew L33tsmith (akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com):

> Ah...  I'm not on those mailing lists, which is why I had brought that
> up.  I read the page provided and came to the conclusion that he
> *prefers* that you use sync FFS, not that he dispises anything else,
> including journalled file systems.

That's a pretty fair characterisation -- certainly of what he says on the
page.  He says the spool is reliable under those conditions.  Which does
stand to reason, though warning against softupdates sounds a bit
extreme.

> Oh hell no.  I'm not trying to start anything; I was just confused
> where you drew some of your conclusions from based on the same text I
> read.  What it turns out is that there are some other texts from DJB
> that I haven't read.

Yes, I've lurked a bit on the qmail list, and look in on its Web
archives from time to time.

--
Cheers,            "Please return all dogmas to their orthodox positions."
Rick Moen                                 -- Brad Johnson, in r.a.sf.w.r-j