[linux-elitists] [NYLXS Announcement] David Sugar Lecture on Make and AutoConf

Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Sun Mar 31 20:06:33 PST 2002

<looney number of recipients snipped>

On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 09:55:34PM -0500, Ruben I Safir wrote:
> Greeting all NYLXS Members and friends
>
> Timorrow at 6:30PM NYLXS Presents an exciting In Service Lecture
> on Make and Autoconf by GNU Speaker David Sugar.  This is the technology
> which produces the
>
> ./configue
> make
> make install
>
> source code compiling work for so many wonderful GNU projects, including,
> for the most part, the Linux Source Code Kernel Tree.

Um, since when did the kernel start using autoconf?

Yes, it does use make, and it's crazy lisp like logic language, but
barely uses it at that (many people have stated that replacing make for
the kernel build with a simple script would make life much easier...)

So the kernel is _not_ a good example of the usage of make :)

thanks,

greg k-h