[linux-elitists] [NYLXS Announcement] David Sugar Lecture on Make and AutoConf

Ruben I Safir ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Sun Mar 31 18:55:34 PST 2002

Greeting all NYLXS Members and friends

Timorrow at 6:30PM NYLXS Presents an exciting In Service Lecture
on Make and Autoconf by GNU Speaker David Sugar.  This is the technology
which produces the

./configue
make
make install

source code compiling work for so many wonderful GNU projects, including,
for the most part, the Linux Source Code Kernel Tree.  Basic lack of
understanding of the power of Autoconf is hurting a number of potentially
wonderful projects, so this is a really exciting lecture to me.

As much as NYLXS can have a madatory meeting, this is it.  Everyone from
every class and committee should make an effort to be there.  We will be
recording the lecture for publication.

The Time of this lecture is

6:30, April 1st, 2002
at our favorite drinking hole

The Killarny Rose
80 Beaver Street
NYC,
2nd Floor

2 blocks from Wall and Williams street, downtown NYC.

Take the N,R to Whitehall
J,M to Broad
2,3 to Wall Street
4,5 to Wall Street