[linux-elitists] Scientology critics claim Google censorship via Adwords

Rick Bradley roundeye@roundeye.net
Wed Mar 27 07:31:10 PST 2002

I hope I'm not prolonging a discussion that went OT, but I thought this
article might still be of interest:

http://www.microcontentnews.com/articles/googleround3.htm

"Sources tell Microcontent News that Google is now rejecting
anti-Scientology ads from its Google Adwords program, claiming the right
to "exercise editorial discretion when it comes to the advertising we
accept on our site."
[...]
Many within the Internet community hailed the Adwords program as a stop
gap measure against the alleged censorship forced upon Google by the
DMCA.

Sometime last weekend, that measure was shut down as well, as Google
began rejecting ads critical of Scientology.
[...] "

FWIW

Rick
--
 http://www.roundeye.net    MUPRN: 937    (69 F)
                       |  here with the answer
   random email haiku  |  I've given everyone for