Double Irony! (was Re: [linux-elitists] ruben's stupid filter)

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Mar 25 07:59:22 PST 2002

Quoting Marc MERLIN (marc@merlins.org):

> I don't see which RFC forbids one, and even if there were to be one, I
> wouldn't care and do SMTP callbacks anyway.

It seems like a reasonable policy, and I may have to adopt it, depite
the whining of linuxconf & sendmail users.  If the RFCs purport to
require us to accept delivery from hosts that are unreachable or refuse
valid postmaster queries, then the RFCs are broken.

And rfc-ignorant.org seems like a better idea every day.

> Do you mean forward and reverse on  the calling host? Yeah, I don't do
> that, because it probably catches as much legitimate mail as it
> catches spam.

Lost cause, alas.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                     Emacs is a decent operating system,