Double Irony! (was Re: [linux-elitists] ruben's stupid filter)

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Sun Mar 24 09:08:54 PST 2002

begin  quoting what Rusty Foster said on Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 12:04:26PM -0500:

> SPAMASSASSIN TRIGGER LINE!!! VISIT THIS HOT SITE!!!
> HTTP://WWW.SLASHDOT.ORG/ WILD FREE TEEN WAREZ 100% GUARANTEED TO BOOST
> TRAFFIC TO YOUR SITE!!! THIS MESSAGE IS NOT SPAM!
> This message sent in compliance with spam regulations. For removal
> please visit http://www.disney.com/

I share your distaste for the auto-challenge people, but I'm really
curious about this.

Why would you want to make it harder for people to do spam filtering?
Isn't that the solution that impacts you the least?

I can't think of any logical reason for doing that unless you're in favor
of spam and think it's wrong to not read it.  Obviously I'm missing something,
so please help me out here.