Double Irony! (was Re: [linux-elitists] ruben's stupid filter)

Rusty Foster rusty@kuro5hin.org
Sun Mar 24 09:04:26 PST 2002

Marc MERLIN wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 11:51:30AM -0600, Mr. Bad wrote:
> >     KMS> SA tagged the message as spam and my procmail autoreporting
> >     KMS> rules (set to trigger at a threshold of 10, not SA's default
> >     KMS> "5 and you're spam" threshold) sent the mail to his
> >     KMS> employer's NOC.
> >
> > So, I got to say, I really, really, really hate this auto-reporting
> > white-list challenging crap. It's goddamned rude to your absolutely
> > legitimate correspondents.
> (...)
>
> Yep, I definitely agree with you here.
> Challenging, I *could* maybe deal with depending on the situation (who I'm
> Emailing and so forth).
> Auto-reporting or semi-auto reporting, I'm getting really tired of.

The best is that once or twice a month, someone signs up for a K5
account, which tells you clearly before you sign up that you will
receive an automated "confirm" mail, and they use an email account that
tries to make me jump through a hoop to get the message through. My
policy is simply to ignore all "I'll read your mail if you follow these
instructions" messages, both with K5 mail, and my own personal mail. If
you don't want to hear from me, I don't want to talk to you.

Maybe if we all do this, then the people using challenge software will
eventually wall themselves off into a little sub-internet, that can only
talk to itself. That'd be fine by me.

--R
SPAMASSASSIN TRIGGER LINE!!! VISIT THIS HOT SITE!!!
HTTP://WWW.SLASHDOT.ORG/ WILD FREE TEEN WAREZ 100% GUARANTEED TO BOOST
TRAFFIC TO YOUR SITE!!! THIS MESSAGE IS NOT SPAM!
This message sent in compliance with spam regulations. For removal
please visit http://www.disney.com/
--
Rusty Foster :: rusty@kuro5hin.org :: http://www.kuro5hin.org
What am I fearing: http://www.kuro5hin.org/user/rusty/diary