[linux-elitists] Re: Google censorship of xenu.com domain [#201159]

Seth David Schoen schoen@loyalty.org
Thu Mar 21 15:01:49 PST 2002

Jon O. writes:

> > 17 USC 512(l) should make clear that providers are allowed to
> > decide whether or not this will be their policy, and they do not
> > _automatically_ incur copyright liability if they decide that it will
> > not be their policy (or fail to carry out that policy).
>
> Which is also confirmed in this ruling:
>
> http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1106-863162.html

Didn't AOL _follow_ the notice-and-takedown safe harbor procedures in
that case?  I'm talking about ISPs which don't follow those
procedures.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen@loyalty.org> | Reading is a right, not a feature!
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   |                 -- Kathryn Myronuk