[linux-elitists] Google == LRH Tech

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Mar 21 10:14:28 PST 2002

begin Bulent Murtezaoglu quotation of Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 12:54:07PM -0500:

> I disagree.  Influence from rich/powerful entities with lawyers is a
> given.  Google is not rendered useless because they chose not to fight
> Scientology.

As soon as they take on that kind of filtering, they stop being a
net utility, and start being a content site.  Search engine results
are meaningful when they function as net utilities.

You're right, a visit in person is the effective thing to do.

Silicon Valley people, plug in the charger for your video camera
and mail me.

> I can understand how DMCA combined with Scientology
> pressure makes their actions look really ugly, but I thought their
> letter was tactfully written and that it was written at all indicates
> that Google folks are neither clueless nor ill-meaning.

In that case a little visit from the forces of freedom should kick
them back onto the correct path.  You've got to know how to handle
these Stanford weenies -- they're like little baby lambs bouncing
around a field, thinking from press release to press release.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti       Join the Distributed Unisys Google Experiment.