[linux-elitists] Google == LRH Tech

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Mar 21 08:27:15 PST 2002

begin Aaron T Porter quotation of Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 08:10:34AM -0800:

> 	And censoring arguably the best search engine on the internet
> under pressure from a well funded cult is good netiquite?

A search engine that only shows the results corporate lawyers want
you to see is worse than no search engine at all.

Notice that Google didn't just take down their cached copy, as the
DMCA would appear to require.  Xenu.net used to be among the top
results for a search on "Scientology" -- now, nothing.

If you don't want to run requests for xenu.net, just put

on an important page.  After all, what site do you think has the
most informative documents about Scientology?

If you have a video camera and want to do a Michael Moore on Google
this afternoon (the idea being we're searching for xenu.net in
person since we can't get it on the net), mail me off-list.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti       Join the Distributed Unisys Google Experiment.