[linux-elitists] OSI and non-OSD tools

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Mar 20 09:54:26 PST 2002

[snip OSI Board]

Quoting Aaron T Porter (atporter@primate.net):

> While reading mail to the license-discuss list recently, I noticed
> that the list is running on EZMLM and Qmail, neither of which meets
> the OSD. While I understand that the software selection may well be an
> unintentional result of opensource.org's hosting on hyperreal, it
> seems an odd decision for a group "dedicated to managing and promoting
> the Open Source Definition for the good of the community".
>
> Are there any plans at this time to migrate to an OSD compliant MTA
> and/or list manager?

1.  Better you than me, in raising this matter.

2.  license-discuss runs on qmail/ezmlm because Russ Nelson won't budge.
    And he's been known to fly off the handle if you even _tease_ him
    about OSI relying on his favourite proprietary software.

Russ told me with no obvious humourous intent that my
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/#djb is "libelous" towards
qmail/djbdns/etc.  He had no reply when I asked what novel legal
theory supports litigation by a piece of software.

Good luck.  It's a real issue, but I gave up on that one a year or two
ago.

--
Cheers,     "Learning Java has been a slow and tortuous process for me.  Every
Rick Moen   few minutes, I start screaming 'No, you fools!' and have to go