Double Irony! (was Re: [linux-elitists] ruben's stupid filter)

Dan Wilder dan@ssc.com
Wed Mar 13 19:57:07 PST 2002

Absolutely 100% freaking right-on, mr.bad.

If only somebody could somehow get the clue-by-four to the head
of Seattle consultant Julian Haight * and his spamcop.net effort **
including its regrettable presence on sourceforge ***.  Or better
yet, his users.  Sad to say, the clueless responses you describe
below, to your own writings on related matters, seem to carry
the day.

The lazy bastardos who use this particlar latter-day spiritual
successor to the tools of Stanford Wallace not only send out
autoreplies via their crummy bubble-headed coarse-grained filters,
but they mask the origin of these autoreplies by sending them
through an anonymous remailer at spamcop.net!!

In language calculated to give an impression of a steel fist in
a velvet glove, you the object of such a complaint are requested,
nay, required to visit the spamcop site and respond, preferably
indicating that your terrible transgression will not be repeated.

Complaints may also go to all of your listed contacts and the
listed contacts of your upstream provider.  At least they have
for us, for example in response to the mention of our "spamvertised
website www.linuxjournal.com" in the (obviously abusive) traffic of
one California LUG.

This represents the sort of abuse described below, on steroids
and with anonymity shields up, yet.

Strangely enough the references I can find on the web to this
despicable effort of Mr. Haight's are almost unanimously positive.

*   resume at http://www.julianhaight.com

**  http://www.spamcop.net

*** http://sourceforge.net/projects/spamcop/