[linux-elitists] DotGNU IRC Meet-a-thon Underway

Seth Johnson seth.johnson@RealMeasures.dyndns.org
Sat Jun 29 07:12:20 PDT 2002

A marathon session of IRC meetings is underway this weekend
for people to discuss the DotGNU project.  Listen in, ask
questions, volunteer, meet the participants.  -- Seth

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [DotGNU]Meet-a-thon Announcement
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 20:35:49 +0530
From: Gopal V <gopalv82@symonds.net>

Hi Everyone,
	I think we have finished all the discussions about the
meet-a-thon event ... either way it's too late to discuss
anything anyway (T-17 Hours) So here it comes...

The DotGNU meet-a-thon is to be held on the 29th and 30th of
June 2002, from 29th 1000 UTC to 30th 2200 UTC (36 hours) ..
The meeting is divided into 4 hour sessions . The first few
sessions are devoted to general topics and newcomers to
DotGNU . The later sessions will delve deeper into DotGNU
territory . To cater to the needs of newbies , we'll be
keeping #dotgnu-newbies open for discussion. This unlogged
channel can be used if the main channel is busy .

Topics
------
Almost anything qualifies as a topic , (except flames ,
flamebait and other crap ...) ..

Logs
----
#dotgnu : http://dotgnu.voxel.net/~andrew/logs/dotgnu
          (_scribe_ by ajmitch)

#dotgnu-newbies : no log

Reports
-------
Any1 on the mailing list can volunteer to write out an
analysis of a session of the meet-a-thon during that session

Languages
---------
English preferred for ignoramuses like /me ... but in case a
non-english speaking guy shows up, you're welcome to
translate for the benifit of the many-headed ...

Bots
----
_scribe_     -- logging bot (Timber !)
dotgnu-sage  -- he knows everything !

Developers -- A general view of Nicks
-------------------------------------

[coreteam]
myrridian  -- Enzo Adrian Reyes
fitzix     -- Barry Fitzgerald
nb         -- Norbert Bollow
dyfet      -- David Sugar
colonel    -- Arun . M
rhysw      -- Rhys Weatherly [Portable.Net]

[Portable.Net]
rhysw      -- Rhys Weatherly (Core Developer)
t3rmin4t0r -- Gopal.V (what ?)
silvernerd -- Peter Minten (pnetlib)
S11001001  -- Stephen Compall (pnetlib)
carnow     -- Charlie Carnow (pnetlib)

[Phpgroupware]
seek3r     -- Dan Kuykendall

[Virtual Identies]
FrePort    -- John Le'Brecage (FrePort)
mds        -- Mario D Santana (MACS)

[Jabber] (not sure about nicks)
Adam Theo
Peter St Andre
..

[Usual Visitors]
ajmitch     -- Andrew Mitchell (logger,.deb packager and
channel op)
chillywilly -- Daniel Bauman (master of insults)
sidNL       -- Sidney Richards (pnetlib patches)
mdupont     -- Michael Dupont (Introspector)
DrMiaow     -- James Mc Parlane (HPUX guy)
absurd      -- Brandon Bremen (MAC OS X)

Well, if I forgot anyone or anything .... you're welcome to
mail me about it ;-)

Gopal
--
The difference between insanity and genius is measured by
success