[linux-elitists] [tytanic11@comcast.net: Refund]

Jay Sulzberger jays@panix.com
Sun Jun 16 21:17:45 PDT 2002

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002, Nick Moffitt wrote:

> ----- Forwarded message from tytanic11@comcast.net -----
>
> I have a story for you, as well as a request :
> Recently I got a new HP (Pavilion 521n) PC. Upon getting it home, I
> followed the procedure  at http://zork.net/refund/process.png. Last
> night I called HP to be told by a tech. support person that "this
> liscense does not apply to the OEM version" and "you can't return the
> software". I e-mailed support and got a similar response. My PC
> shipped with Windoze XP (Home) and I now am dual-booting Mandrake and
> Redmond Linux. My PC also came with a 6 month MSN trial, MS Works &
> Money 2002, does this apply to them ? As for getting my refund, whom
> should I talk with (@ HP), and how much should I expect back ?
>
> T. Morgan

Immediately contact your state's

1. Office of Consumer Affairs

2. Attorney General

Include all correspondence and an account of the telephone conversations.
Include a copy of the EULA.

Insist that you be paid the full correct refund and not some smaller amount.

Do not give up.  In many cases refunds have been paid.

oo--JS.