[linux-elitists] [tytanic11@comcast.net: Refund]

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Sun Jun 16 18:03:38 PDT 2002

----- Forwarded message from tytanic11@comcast.net -----

I have a story for you, as well as a request :
Recently I got a new HP (Pavilion 521n) PC. Upon getting it home, I
followed the procedure  at http://zork.net/refund/process.png. Last
night I called HP to be told by a tech. support person that "this
liscense does not apply to the OEM version" and "you can't return the
software". I e-mailed support and got a similar response. My PC
shipped with Windoze XP (Home) and I now am dual-booting Mandrake and
Redmond Linux. My PC also came with a 6 month MSN trial, MS Works &
Money 2002, does this apply to them ? As for getting my refund, whom
should I talk with (@ HP), and how much should I expect back ?

T. Morgan

----- End forwarded message -----

--
INFORMATION GLADLY GIVEN BUT SAFETY REQUIRES AVOIDING UNNECESSARY CONVERSATION
end