[linux-elitists] Case Studies, Cost Analysis

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Sun Jun 16 01:18:54 PDT 2002

<quote who="Karsten M. Self">

> Desktop, server, embedded, or dedicated appliance?   Rather different
> stories.  The latter three are well accepted, GNU/Linux is a major, if not
> *the* major, player.  Desktop's lagging, but the inertial resistance is
> huge.  Cracks are showing.  Certainly there are many techies who are 100%
> Microsoft free, and a growing number of non-techies to boot.

We're very close to succeeding on each front with this current client. :-)

Thanks for the references,

- Jeff

--
     "What's up with that word though... it's like something you did to
          frogs in grammar school." - Ani DiFranco on bisexuality